Personal Injury Collision 16/2021,
Don Mills Road at Gateway Boulevard
Broadcast time: 10:40
Date: Sunday, May 23, 2021
Unit: Traffic Services
Case #: 2021-952181
On Saturday, 22, May, 2021, at approximately 11:10 p.m., police received a report of a collision between a motor vehicle and a pedestrian in the Don Mills Road and Gateway Boulevard area.
It is reported that:
- three vehicles were travelling southbound on Don Mills Road at a high rate of speed approaching Gateway Boulevard.
- one of these vehicles was a white 2015 BMW X6 being operated by an 18-year-old male.
- a 19-year-old male pedestrian was sitting in a TTC bus shelter on the east side of Don Mills Road, just south of the intersection.
- the BMW travelling at a high rate of speed, lost control, entered into the northbound lanes, mounted the sidewalk and struck the pedestrian who was within the TTC bus shelter.
- the male pedestrian suffered critical injuries, and was transported to hospital.
- the driver of the vehicle was arrested at the scene, and charged with Dangerous Operation of a Vehicle Causing Bodily Harm.
- the two other vehicles, a white vehicle possibly a Mercedes and black vehicle, possibly an Audi were last seen southbound on Don Mills Road.
The investigation is ongoing by members of Traffic Services.
Police are asking local residents, business, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Edward Parks, Corporate Communications, for Detective Graeme Philipson, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services