Police seek assistance identifying man involved in Indecent Act investigation,
200 Elizabeth Street - Toronto General Hospital,
Man arrested and charged
Broadcast time: 16:15
Date: Wednesday, May 26, 2021
Unit: 52 Division
Case #: 2021-942893
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in an Indecent Act investigation.
On Friday, May 21, 2021 at approximately 7 a.m., police responded to a radio call for an indecent act at 200 Elizabeth Street (Toronto General Hospital).
It is alleged that:
- a man followed a female employee into the parking garage at Toronto General Hospital
- the employee locked herself in a bicycle cage to protect herself
- the man was unable to get into the bicycle cage but remained outside it and exposed his genitals
- the man eventually left the parking garage and was later seen approaching another female on Elizabeth street
See previous release.
On Monday, May 24, 2021, Mohamed Smimali Ahmed, 33, of no fixed address, was arrested and charged with:
1. Harassment By Threatening Conduct To Other Person
2. two counts of Fail To Comply With A Probation Order
3. Indecent Act
He appeared in court virtually at Old City Hall on Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 10 a.m., room 101.
Investigators would like to thank the public for their assistance with this investigation, especially those who called police to leave tips.
This remains an active investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Paul Ward, 52 Division