Man charged with possession of firearm,
James Fontenelle, 42, facing nine charges
Broadcast time: 14:00
Date: Thursday, May 27, 2021
Unit: 52 Division
Case #: 2021-958390
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in a firearm investigation.
On Sunday, May 23, 2021, at approximately 10 p.m., officers from 52 Division attended a call in the Cecil Street and Beverley Street area.
It is alleged that:
- a verbal altercation ensued over the lighting of fireworks
- a man returned to a nearby vehicle and retrieved a firearm
- after a brief struggle with police, the man was arrested and a 17-round loaded magazine fell to the ground
- the man was also in possession of a firearm in the front of his waistband
James Fontenelle, 42, of Mississauga, was charged with:
2. Possess Loaded Regulated Firearm
3. Carry Conceal Weapon
4. Possess Restricted or Prohibited Firearm Knowingly Not Holding a Licence and Registration
5. Possess Firearm Obtained by Crime
6. Possess Prohibited Device
7. Possess Firearm with Altered Serial Number
8. Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
9. Possess Firearm While Prohibited
He appeared virtually at Old City Hall, on Monday, May 24, 2021, at 10 a.m., in room 112.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Ryan D’Souza, 52 Division Major Crime Unit