Private Property Fatality #2/2021,
610 University Avenue
Broadcast time: 10:10
Date: Thursday, May 27, 2021
Unit: Traffic Services
Case #: 2021-976739
On Wednesday, May 26, 2021, at approximately 2:30 p.m., police received a report of a collision involving a pedestrian and a motor vehicle at 610 University Avenue.
It is reported that:
- a 89-year-old man was leaving the Murray Street entrance of Princess Margaret Cancer Centre located at 610 University Avenue
- the man stepped between two stopped cars that were in the patient pick-up and drop-off driveway of the centre
- as the man stepped between the two vehicles, a 2012 Chevrolet Cruz being driven by a 65-year-old man, moved forward and struck the man
- the man was then pinned between the Chevrolet and a stationary 2017 Toyota Sienna minivan, being driven by a 45-year-old man
- the man was transported to hospital but succumbed to his injuries
The investigation is ongoing by members of Traffic Services.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Alex Li, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Tony Clifford, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services