Personal Injury Collision #21/2021,
Don Valley Parkway and Eastern Avenue area
Broadcast time: 21:36
Date: Sunday, June 6, 2021
Unit: Traffic Services
Case #: 2021-1050592
The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public’s assistance with an investigation into a personal injury collision.
On Saturday, June 5, 2021, at 10:11 p.m., police received a report of a collision involving a motor vehicle and a motorcycle in the Don Valley Parkway and Eastern Avenue area.
It is reported that:
- a 24-year-old man was operating a 2008 Aprilia 750 motorcycle southbound on the Don Valley Parkway
- a 22-year-old man was operating a 2003 Volvo V70 motor vehicle southbound on the Don Valley Parkway
- the motorcyclist attempted to pass the driver in the Volvo in the right shoulder near Eastern Avenue
- the motorcyclist lost control and crashed into the guard rail
- the motorcyclist was ejected from the motorcycle into a live lane of traffic
- the motorcyclist was struck by the driver of the Volvo
- the motorcyclist suffered life-threatening injuries and was taken to hospital
The investigation is ongoing by members of Traffic Services.
Police are asking local residents, businesses, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Alex Li, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Eloi Silva, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services