Young person arrested in retail robbery investigation,
Oakwood Avenue and Eglinton Avenue West area
Broadcast time: 16:00
Date: Thursday, June 10, 2021
Unit: Hold Up
Case #: 2021-1077519
The Toronto Police Service's Hold Up Squad would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in a retail robbery investigation.
On Wednesday, June 9, 2021, officers responded to a call for a retail store robbery in the Oakwood Avenue and Eglinton Avenue West area.
It is alleged that:
- a boy entered the store and approached the employee
- he produced a handgun, pointed it at the employee and made a demand for cash
- the employee began to struggle with the boy and was able to subdue him
Responding officers arrived quickly to the scene and arrested the boy
It is further alleged that:
- at the time of arrest, the boy was found in possession of a pellet gun
On Wednesday, June 9, 2021, a 17-year-old boy, of Toronto, was arrested.
He was charged with:
1. Robbery with a Firearm
2. Disguise with Intent
3. Fail to Comply Release Order
He was scheduled to appear in court virtually at 311 Jarvis Street, on Thursday, June 10, 2021, at 9 a.m., room 10.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
***Please refer to Section 110, Subsection 1, of the YCJA:
110. (1) Subject to this section, no person shall publish the name of a young person, or any other information related to a young person, if it would identify the young person as a young person dealt with under this Act.***
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Acting Inspector Richard Harris, Hold Up