Man arrested in carjacking investigation,
Brahms Avenue and McNicoll Avenue area
Broadcast time: 15:15
Date: Thursday, June 10, 2021
Unit: Hold Up
Case #: 2021-802695
The Toronto Police Service's Hold Up Squad would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in a carjacking investigation.
On Saturday, May 1, 2021, officers responded to a call for a carjacking robbery in the Brahms Avenue and McNicoll Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
- the 23-year-old victim pulled in and parked her car in a driveway
- a man approached the victim, produced a handgun and made a demand for her keys and personal belongings
- the man took the victim’s property and then fled the scene in the victim’s car
Members of the Hold Up Squad began an investigation and were able to identify a suspect.
It is further alleged that:
- members of the Hold Up Squad executed related search warrants and located clothing worn and a pellet gun used by the suspect during the robbery
On Wednesday, June 9, 2021, Rikardo Luzi, 20, of Toronto, was arrested.
He was charged with:
1. Robbery with a Firearm
2. Disguise With Intent
3. Pointing a Firearm
4. Possession Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000.00
He was scheduled to appear in court virtually at Toronto North Court, 1000 Finch Avenue West, on Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 10 a.m., room 306.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Acting Inspector Richard Harris, Hold Up