Police seeking assistance from the public,
Sudden Death Investigation,
Victoria Park Avenue and Finch Avenue East area,
Now Fatal Collision #11/2021
Broadcast time: 15:20
Date: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Unit: Traffic Services
Case #: 2021-1104105
On Friday, June 18, 2021, police published a news release about a sudden death investigation.
See previous release.
It is reported that:
- on Sunday, June 13, 2021, at approximately 12:15 p.m., police were called to the Victoria Park Avenue and Finch Avenue East area for a man found on the roadway
- the man was found by a passerby in the southwest corner of the intersection
- the man was conscious, but unable to communicate at the time
- paramedics transported the man to hospital with unknown injuries
- a short while later, the man succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced deceased at the hospital
Investigators have been actively working on this case.
The man was identified as Candelario Alfredo Marquez, 69, of Scarborough.
He was known to frequent the area.
Information has been received that several people were on the eastbound Finch Avenue East TTC bus (route #39) and may have seen the man shortly before 12:15 p.m., on Sunday, June 13, 2021.
He was wearing cutoff blue denim shorts, a striped blue t-shirt under a blue long-sleeve button-up shirt, dark-coloured sandals, and was carrying a brown backpack.
Police are appealing for information from those passengers on the TTC bus and are also seeking assistance from the public for any CCTV, dash camera footage or any further information related to the incident.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Detective Constable James Langford, Traffic Services, for Inspector Jacqueline Baus, Traffic Services