Traffic Fatality 15/2021,
Kingston Road and Port Union Road
Broadcast time: 13:30
Date: Sunday, July 4, 2021
Unit: 43 Division
Case #: 2021-1250455
On Sunday, July 4 , 2021, officers responded to a call for a collision at Kingston Road and Port Union Road.
It is reported that:
- a 61-year-old man was operating a TTC bus northbound on Port Union Road
- a 23-year-old man was operating a vehicle westbound on Kingston Road
- the 23-year-old man entered the intersection on a red traffic signal, and was struck by the northbound TTC bus
- the driver of the Acura was pronounced deceased at the scene of the collision
- the bus driver was transported to hospital with minor injuries
- the TTC bus was out of service and no passengers were on board
The investigation is ongoing by members of Traffic Services.
Police are asking local residents, business, and drivers, who may have security or dash-cam footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Tony Clifford, Traffic Services