Personal Injury Collision #28/2021,
Woodmount Avenue and Strathmore Boulevard
Broadcast time: 20:00
Date: Wednesday, July 7, 2021
Unit: Traffic Services
Case #: 2021-1274605
On Wednesday, July 7, 2021, at approximately 11:56 a.m., police responded to a call for a personal injury collision at Woodmount Avenue and Strathmore Boulevard.
It is reported that:
- a 32-year-old woman was crossing Woodmount Avenue at Strathmore Boulevard in a marked crosswalk from the northwest corner to the northeast corner
- the intersection is a four-way stop
- the driver of a red 2007 Ford pickup truck was northbound Woodmount Avenue
- the driver came to a stop at the stop sign at the south side of the intersection
- the driver of the pick up truck proceeded northbound and struck the pedestrian
- the pedestrian was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries
The investigation is ongoing by members of Traffic Services. Police are requesting local residents, businesses, and drivers, who may have witnessed the collision or have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Laura Brabant, Corporate Communications, for Detective Joseph Kranjac, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services